As Covid-19 continues to become more prevalent in our communities here in North Carolina, the Granville County Library System (GCLS) is taking measures to keep our patrons safe and healthy.
The GCLS encourages patrons to read more about what they can do to battle the spread of Covid-19 on the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) website, linked here.
The GCLS apologizes for any inconvenience these measures may cause our patrons. We thank patrons for doing their best to respect and follow these guidelines for the safety of themselves and others. The following changes are effective immediately, and will continue until further notice:
- Any item s checked out from the library will receive automatic extensions on their return date through the library resuming normal operation.
- All GCLS events and programs are canceled.
- Meeting rooms are not available for use to the public.
- Staff and patrons are asked to practice social distancing, keeping 6 feet from one another under all circumstances.
- Computers and seating in the computer lab, as well as the rest of the library, is reconfigured to maintain social distancing, and therefore there are less available computers and less general seating.
- Cash handling is limited.
- Library items are to be returned to the book drop. Attempts to return items directly to a staff member will be denied.
- All library branches, their surfaces, and their computers are subject to routine sanitation.
- Hand gel sanitizers are available to the public as long as a supply is available.
- Toys, Legos, craft projects, board games, puzzles, and makerspace materials are removed from GCLS spaces.
- Service to assisted living facilities and like organizations are halted.
Please direct any questions or concerns regarding these policies to GCLS management.
If you are interested in more information on Covid-19, we encourage you to explore the links below.