Financial Support for the Library System
Through yearly membership dues, monthly book sales, and special events, FOL provides funding to enhance and extend library facilities and services. On average, we supply $5,000 worth of support annually to the library system.
Since 2012 the Friends have:
Purchased a wide variety of useful equipment:
- 3-D printer for the library’s STEM programs for children
- Spools of colored plastic filament for the 3-D printer
- Laser printer with Ethernet and duplex printing capability
- Large sheet laminator
- DVD repair system
- Digital cameras for each branch,
- Digital video camera,
- Book baskets for library patrons
- Office chairs for the library staff
- Foam flooring for the children’s area at South Branch
- Gallery hook system for Thornton to display art works
- Rotating multi-media freestanding display shelf
- “Giant book” entryway for the children’s section at Thornton library
- LED TVs for program displays at South Branch and Thornton libraries
- Ozobot Coding Robot for STEAM children’s program
- Button Maker for children’s programs
- 3-D Printer for STEAM children’s programs
- Heavy-duty handcart for staff use
- Forty-cup coffee maker for library programs
Provided annual support for the Summer Reading Program.
Funded half the cost of the Maude Lassiter Portrait, the County’s first African-American librarian.
Co-sponsored, with the League of Women Voters, activities and displays for Women’s History Month: an exhibit of historical posters and timeline as well as applicable book discussions, TED talks and film viewing.
Supported activities in conjunction with the National Humanities Lincoln and the Constitution exhibit/lecture series.
Funded refreshments for the weekly Books Sandwiched In series at Thornton Library.